The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program prepares international students for vocational or tertiary-level study in Australia and other contexts where English is the language of instruction.
The course aims to develop student awareness, knowledge and skills in the use of English as the language of teaching and learning in a vocational and/or university environment.
Learning activities will focus on writing, reading and listening, grammar and vocabulary development, oral presentation skills, research skills and web literacy. There will be an emphasis on the development of critical literacy and critical thinking throughout the course.
By engaging in such activities, students will gain increased understanding in using English to communicate in academic contexts at Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels.
12 to 48 weeks
Recommended start dates:
|18th April 2017||9th April 2018|
|3rd July 2017||18th June 2018|
|18th September 2017||27th August 2018|
|13th November 2017||5th November 2018|
|29th January 2018||28th January 2019|
- 20 hours in-class and 5 hours Self-study/Project work/Assessment Tasks
- 10 week modules followed by 1 week of structured break
- Daily Academic lessons based on Academic Language and Academic Skills with a focus on Task production
- Pathway into selected Australian universities and colleges
- Regular academic progress checks
- Elementary English language level or above
- Nova English online placement test
CRICOS Course Code: 064199F